An adult instructor models the formation of each letter
- For each letter, the adult instructor models the correct letter formation a minimum of 2 times.
- The instructor models the letter formation for both right and left hand writers.
- The instructor uses a large piece of paper or dry erase board with pre-printed lines and green dots indicating the starting points for each letter. A smart board can also be used.
- During the whole group instruction, the two other adults simultaneously model the letter formation for their small groups.
- The instructors position themselves within the small groups to ensure that all students receive appropriate visual modeling of the letter formation. For example, some students who need near-copying may need the model presented next to them.